05. Managing - Application Process
Whether a new building site is being established or an existing septic system is in a state of failure, a new/replacement septic system design and application is required to be submitted to the KWIC manager for approval.
Below is a general outline of the design/application process:
- Contact a septic system design engineer of your choice and inform them that a new or replacement system design is required for your property
- The engineer should coordinate a day/time with a KWIC inspector as well as a backhoe/excavator operator to meet for an onsite soils evaluation
- The property owner/engineer should fill out and submit the "Application for Onsite System Permit" to the KWIC manager
- The system engineer should submit the new or replacement septic system design to the KWIC manager for review/approval
- Once a design has received KWIC approval, plans can be distributed to the installer to begin system construction (a KWIC inspector must be notified a minimum of two days in advance of the start of construction)